Thursday, January 04, 2007

DIY frenzy

I've finally managed to clear the house of paper work. Just awaiting the recycling collection on Tuesday... Although I think they'll have a shock with the 20+kg I've managed to junk.
On Tuesday I managed to spend most of the day shopping for a mirror, and picture clip frames. I had been relying on Athena to supply the clip frames, but hadn't banked on them having closed down most of their shops! And where else can you buy a 1000x700 and 700x500 frames on the highstreet (where you have no car to get to out of town places)?
The mirror was easier to find, although it took a while to find quite what I was looking for (nothing too fancy, or gilted, or olde-worlde). Fortunately Debenhams had a half price item that fitted the bill, and had enough of them that I didn't have to buy it there and then and trudge round town with it... (Its about 1000x600 and weighs 10kg!).
My most impressive bit of DIY to date was accomplished last night when I hung the mirror, and touchwood, (no not Torchwood) its still hanging there when I get home. I've never been keen on drilling holes. There seems to be alot that can go wrong (hole too big, not where you want it etc etc). ANd true to form the first hole was indeed too large (it said I needed an 8mm hole..., but that was clearly 2mm too large when I inserted the plug). So out with the spirit level again to remark the wall for 2 new holes at exactly 970mm apart.
I've now also found best4frames on the web, who seem to be quite reasonably priced. But delivery appears to be pricey at £11. (Too used to Amazon's free delivery for orders over £15).

6 Comments:

At 3:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some dept stores and home wares shops inc habitat. Large glass things will be so expensive to deliver you may get a better price at posher high street shops than you'd expect.

 
At 4:23 pm, Blogger Radders said...

Damn. Forgot Habitat!
I'd tried all the usuals (Debenhams, Selfridges, Rackhams, Woolies etc)

 
At 4:52 pm, Blogger Niles said...

And where else can you buy a 1000x700 and 700x500 frames on the highstreet (where you have no car to get to out of town places

Do they not have Wilkos in Brum?

 
At 11:10 pm, Blogger Radders said...

I seem to be in a 3 mile epicentre of Wilko's.

 
At 1:41 pm, Anonymous Wooden Photo Frames said...

Picture frames are very useful as there are several benefits of picture frames associated with them. Picture frames provide safe storage of pictures, damage free hanging, and can be used for decoration as well. These picture frames can be easily found online today as various frame manufacturers are online today and all of them enable the user to purchase picture frames online.

 
At 12:12 pm, Anonymous Drain Cleaner said...

You can have a lot of advantages associated with frames. Clip frames or picture frames cause the picture to be in the safe condition for a very long time and keep them as beautiful as well. These allow the person to store its golden moments in a very attractive manner. These can be used for the decoration as well because of a wide range of variety.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home