Sunday, August 28, 2005

Second hand organs

I filled in my first donor card when I was 17 as it came with the provisional driving licence that I'd applied for. Fortunately I've never had to use it to date. But I still carry it with me (not the same one as it wore out).
The other important aspect is that I've told my rellies that I carry a card, and that if possible I get recycled to help other people. This means that if the unthinkable happens, then they know that they don't have such a difficult decision. [This conversation occurred after a particularly thoughtful episode of Casualty many years ago, and Dad and I talked it through].
If you don't carry a donor card, think about how you could help someone else after you don't need them.
I've sometimes also thought about leaving myself to medical science...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home