Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Defections

As with many defections over the years, there has been a lot of questions, many of which are "who"?
Interestingly, I can't find it on the bbc or guardian.
What I find extraordinary is his claim that the timing was coincidental, and that he'd made up his mind in December ("just ask my local party officers" I think was how he put it on Today). There would have been nothing coincidental about the timing, and he would have been stored up by Tory Central Office waiting for the most damaging time to jump.
Will he be followed by a handful of MPs and other "activists"? I don't think so. And on balance there appears to be a net flow to the LibDems anyway.

UPDATE: The BBC have mentioned it in an article about noms closing for the leadership.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home