Monday, January 09, 2006

I'm a Minger, are you?

Just about everyone who is anybody has come out to announce their support for Sir Menzies. That includes Paddy. His interview on Today this morning was one with few key messages. I lost count of the number of times he mentioned unity, or that the LibDems are good at elections!
I hope there is a contest with at least two candidates. That way we can question the candidates on their positions. As many have said, Ming hasn't much on record of his domestic thoughts. But at the end of the day, it is the party that drives much of its policy thinking, and not the leader.
I've heard, from a "constitutional expert", that the whole thing could be wrapped up in time for the Spring conference in Harrogate. Unveiling the new leader on the Saturday of the conference would provide quite a nice bit of positive coverage of an event that is normally lacking.

7 Comments:

At 3:05 pm, Blogger Stephen Glenn said...

No.

As you asked

 
At 5:00 pm, Blogger Leah & Robin Darbyshire said...

me neither. I'm for Oaten.

and even if I was for Campbell I certainly wouldn't wear an 'I'm a minger' T-shirt!

Leah.

 
At 12:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems great minds think alike

 
At 7:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about a Baldy Leader. Oaten's certainly lost my vote for his and Lembits hypocracy and santimonious comments about the CK assasination when he had his camaign team ready to roll. Ming for me for now.

 
At 11:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was actually Ming that 'assassinated' Kennedy so if you want to vote for the self-interested man that was first through the gate then that's up to you.

What has being bald got to do with it?

I'd say Ming is pretty bald personally!

 
At 11:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to say add that Kennedy supports Mark's leadership bid - there is no back stabbing going on here. The only back stabbers were Ming and his followers.

 
At 10:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Chris Huhne stands I will be backing him with my first preference with a second preference currently hovering on Ming but open to argument, except from Oaten.
It will be very interesting if Oaten fails to get his 7 MP's and it becomes Huhne v Cambell v Hughes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home