Monday, June 13, 2005

Where are you cycling this week?

It's national Bike Week! You would barely know it was in Birmingham.
But then Birmingham is not the most cycle friendly city in the country. I believe that is largely to do with drivers here not actually being used to having cyclists sharing the road with them.
My own riding style is quite aggressive/defensive; I position myself in a lane so that cars have to move out to overtake. But aggressively fast, so getting stuck behind me is no worse than being caught behind a tractor (in fact I'm probably faster).
Hopefully I'll be biking to work everyday (back to normal), and also going on an afterwork 2hr ride around the city & canals with members of the Cycling Advisory Group, organised by Officers from the Walking/Cycling team in Transportation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home