Sunday, October 09, 2005

circumnavigation

Am doing a "west midlands ciurcumnavigation" tomorrow on the bike, with a bunch of cycling officers from various authorities in the area.
I should be about 95 miles (maybe 100 if we do a small loop somewhere...). So by my calculations I'll need about 4500 Cals during the day (based on body weight and an estimate of our average speed). Finding high Cal, low fat food is actually quite difficult in a supermarket. But settled on dried fruit and nutri-grain bars, with lucozade active and water for fluids.
The ride should be interesting as I've never done more than 70kms in a day, so 152kms will be a challenge. It will also be good to do go so far without travelling through any large built up areas, and keeping to country roads. Very different to the day-to-day riding in Birmingham.
Hopefully I'll be able to post a map tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home