Friday, May 05, 2006

Election Results

Well, the votes have been cast, verified, counted and results posted.
The Selly Oak result was even better than I'd expected with a much improved majority over Tony Blair's labour candidate of nearly 900 votes.
Being a candidate was even more nerve wracking than I can ever remember before. I've been a paper candidate when you stand but can only win if everyone else cocks up monumentally, or the opposition votes collapse so much that they no longer exist.
I suspect it was because I was alone in being up for election, rather than the team of three in 2004. There was also far more at stake as it was a re-election, rather than election for the first time.
Anyway, I'm fast running out of reserves having done a 21hr day yesterday...

1 Comments:

At 8:21 am, Blogger Onlinefocus Team said...

Congratulations.

Don't know much about Birmingham - as it happens , Selly Oak is the only part I've ever visited, and that was a good 25 years ago.

But that mistake they made in Kingstanding was horrendous - double counting the papers and so declaring the wrong result.

At our count one of the Tories said to me "There's nothing you can do now to change the result. Well, actually, paying attention is a always a good idea...."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home