Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Student loan finally paid off!

This week I received my final letter from the SLC to say I'd finished paying off my student loan.
Nothing unusual in that, apart from I took it out 13yrs ago. Through doing postgraduate study, and having a low paid job immediately following that have ensured that my loan has rumbled along with its GDP deflator rate of inflation.
Anyone who ever pushes for maintenance loans to be charged at commercial rates really does need to go back to the drawing board if you want to continue training postgraduates...

3 Comments:

At 7:15 pm, Blogger Richard Gadsden said...

You too?

I got one of those letters last week,

Apart from the fact I took mine out fifteen years ago, a similar story about taking a vast amount of time to pay off the loan.

 
At 8:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got some time to go - I finished five years ago this month and I haven't even made my first payment yet.

 
At 9:09 pm, Blogger Neil said...

I am in a lucky suituation where I have been paying extra each month. Two of my loans have been sold off to another company. Next month I will pay the last installment for one loan and by April next year (1 year earlier than expected) I should have paid off all my loans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home